July 5, 2005
• In high schools across the US, student career counselors have been forced to develop curriculums for teenagers who have listed their career aspirations as becoming “just like Paris Hilton.”
• More fireworks are set off in the week prior to and the week following the 4th of July combined than on the actual day itself.
• Federal anti-discrimination policy currently does not include any mention of discrimination based on height.
• Red is the color in nature that most commonly indicates that a fruit or plant is edible.
• Today the ACLU is still battling a continual stream of court appeals following the 1925 Scope’s Monkey Trial.