June 27, 2005
• The 1928 summer Olympics were the only modern games where a fencing competition was not held.
• The phrase "devil's advocate" is one of the few sayings used in the Bible that is still common in secular language today.
• What are now known as Nerf guns, were invented in the late 1920s by the U.S. military to help troops in squad practices.
• Two in five college students has downloaded at least one episode of the television series "Family Guy."
• Paper is the largest single expense of a newspaper.