June 19, 2005
• Sponge Bob Square Pants macaroni recently surpassed Blue’s Clues macaroni as the most popular specialty Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
• Recently leaked internal statistics from the New York Times show that the paper is nearly equally accused of both liberal and conservative bias in reader complaints.
• In a poll conducted by the University of Texas’ Presidential History Archives, 19 percent of the respondents named Dwight D. Eisenhower as the most feminine president of the 20th century, narrowly besting Calvin Coolidge’s 17 percent. The poll randomly sampled 1,456 and had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.3 percent.
• The Food and Drug Administration rejected a recent application to have placebos approved as a drug, despite numerous studies submitted that showed a placebo’s effectiveness.
• The Polish Ikea in Warsaw is the deadliest Ikea store on earth, with over 17 deaths in the 7 years since it opened.