May 5, 2005
• Since January 17th, 2004, there have been more emails sent each and every day than there are people on earth.
• The 3:5 rectangle used by almost all the world's flags originates from the flag Alexander the Great commissioned for his empire. Prior to this, most flags were either square, or very long banners.
• A recent analysis of the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations shows that rats are three times as common as mice in popular sayings.
• Fully half of all new computers suffer a hardware failure that requires a critical part to be replaced within their first year.
• 14 percent of corporate press releases contain at least one typo.