April 14, 2005
• Linguists estimate that the first precursors to language had both nouns and verbs, but that adjectives were not introduced until at least 3000 years later.
• The yellow coloring in one Goldfish cracker would still be visibly yellow if diluted into ten gallons of water.
• Until it expired in 1981, the Kleenex company's patent "A method for folding and stacking tissue" was their main point of differentiation from other brands. Now most brands use this method, which keeps one tissue sticking out of the box.
• Prescription drugs account for nine percent of legal drug sales by unit, and 64 percent by revenue.
• The first Matrix movie has the highest ratio of box office revenue to promotional spending of any Hollywood movie. The third movie, Matrix Revolutions, had the seventh lowest.