April 5, 2005
• The average person will consume 2.4 pounds of salt every year.
• Nearly half of all new products introduced this year will be discontinued within six months of their introduction.
• The number of words sent over Internet text messaging programs such as AOL Instant Messenger and MSN Messenger in a 24 hour period exceeds the number of words in all the books in the New York City Library.
• Over the course of their education, the average college student will produce 96 pages of formal written work.
• 74 percent of cell phone calls last less than one minute.