March 10, 2005
• Every gallon of ink used by consumer ink jet printers creates two tons of garbage, including the cartridge and its packaging.
• The phrase "make a beeline" is used to mean "take a very direct route," but bees actually tend to fly in wide, sweeping zig-zag patterns.
• MP3s account for more internet traffic than any other file type.
• In a survey of 3000 grade schoolers in the United States, 20 percent wanted to be astronauts, 13 percent wanted to be President, 3 percent wanted to be janitors, and none wanted to be plumbers.
• The Tween Animator's Guild, whose members fill in between key frames in animated films, is the unhappiest union in the United States. Over the last five years, they have have been on strike approximately 12 percent of the time.