January 4, 2005
• New evidence suggests that a dog's sense of smell is sensitive to the pheromone produced by humans in a state of fear, giving some credence to the adage that dogs can smell fear.
• The Haida Indians, located in the Pacific Northwest, were the only native American tribe with paper currency.
• One in 12 people are immune to the irritants of stinging nettle.
• Otto Stern was the only Nobel Prize recipient to be given the award after his death.
• The Dalai Lama is the world's most highly sought after college graduation speaker.