December 8, 2011
• The sale of one percent milk has declined nearly 26 percent since the beginning of the Occupy Wall Street protests.
• A 2010 survey found 3.1 percent of Americans claim to celebrate one or fewer holidays in a year. Of the holidays observed by these single-day celebrators the top reported was Kwanza, followed closely by the birthday of individual or their spouse.
• The title lyric of the Old English carol "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" was originally a sexual innuendo.
• In 2007, "Season's Greetings" replaced "Happy Holidays" as the most-used holiday banner text in American retail stores, which replaced "Merry Christmas" in 1979.
• Based on a global sample of 2009 symphony season programs, G.F. Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" is performed eight times each December for every one time it is sung during the rest of the year.