December 1, 2011
• Most of the world's French fries are neither French nor fried.
• The average trip on the Metrorail transit system in Washington, D.C. spans 8.8 stops and includes 0.9 transfers.
• Pakistan is the only non-English-speaking country that observes Daylight Saving Time.
• Geneticists discovered in 2004 that humans' ability to see the color red stems from a genetic mutation that took place in a common ancestor two million years ago. Projections indicate that, in another million years, red color receptors will be a recessive gene and appear only in a minority of humans.
• NBA basketball players average a one in 11 success ratio for three-point shots.