November 23, 2011
• Animator and studio magnate Walt Disney, long suspected of anti-Semitism, was half Jewish by way of his mother.
• Jude Law stipulates in his film contracts that none of his movies may be preceded in theaters by any previews in which he also appears.
• Universal Pictures, now a major entertainment empire, was established as a real estate holdings firm in 1908.
• Every financially successful movie directed by Robert Rodriguez includes an appearance by Quentin Tarantino, either as a cameo or a major role. Rodriguez has directed three box-office flops in which Tarantino did not appear, although one of them, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D, features the actor in a brief, uncredited, voice-only role.
• No wide-release American film since 1981 has actually shown an automobile being driven through a pane of glass.