February 11, 2011
• Approximately three percent of registered Tea Party members joined because they thought they were becoming members of an organization related to golf tees.
• As of the end of 2010, there were at least nine countries in which public flatulence was illegal. Penalties for violating the statute ranged from the equivalent of a 50 cent (US) fine to public flogging of naked buttocks to 90 days in jail.
• For the average worker in Manhattan, the average wait time for an elevator car to arrive increased 6 percent between December 1, 2010 and January 31, 2011.
• When he was in his thirties, Hosni Mubarak averaged 18 speeding tickets per year. There is no record he ever paid a fine for any of them.
• Citizens of Florence, Italy, have the highest per capita consumption of tripe in the world.